Encyclopaedia of the Qurʾān
The Encyclopaedia of the Qurʾān (abbreviated EQ) is an encyclopedia dedicated to Quranic Studies edited by Islamic scholar Jane Dammen McAuliffe, and published by Brill Publishers.
It was published in five volumes during 2001-2006:
- Vol. I: A-D (publication year 2001)
- Vol. II: E-I (2002)
- Vol. III: J-O (2003)
- Vol. IV: P-Sh (2004)
- Vol. V: Si-Z (2006)
- Index Vol. (2006)
- Encyclopaedia of Islam
- Encyclopaedia Iranica
- ^ Promotion text by Brill: "Drawing upon a rich scholarly heritage, Brill's Encyclopaedia of the Qur'ān (EQ) combines alphabetically arranged articles about the contents of the Qur'ān. It is an encyclopaedic dictionary of qur'ānic terms, concepts, personalities, place names, cultural history and exegesis extended with essays on the most important themes and subjects within qur'ānic studies." Encyclopaedia of the Qur'an at Brill publishers
- Encyclopaedia of the Qurʾān Online
- Publisher site: Encyclopaedia of the Qur'an at Brill publishers
- Review: Iqbal, Muzaffar (2008). "The Qurʾān, orientalism and the Encyclopaedia of the Qurʾān" (PDF). Journal of Qur'anic Research and Studies. Medina, Saudi Arabia: King Fahd Qur’an Printing Complex. 3 (5).
- Another encyclopaedia: Integrated Encyclopedia of the Qur'an at IEQ project